Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Dinner and a Movie

 


When I find a movie that I like, I have a habit of wanting to rewatch it at least 10 times before moving on to a new movie. Luckily, this habit came in handy for the Dinner and a Movie project because I already knew the in and outs of my favorite movies. For this project I chose the movie “Almost Famous”, which has amazing visuals, soundtrack and storyline. I knew off the bat that I had to include main character Penny Lane’s infamous fur coat (which I luckily had a similar one), but as I continued to play around with ideas, my ideas got more conceptual. The candle in the center of my image represents arguably the most important scene of the entire movie; the opening scene. In this scene the main character (William) first discovers good music, by listening to The Who album entitled “Tommy” where in this album William finds a note that reads “
Listen to Tommy with a candle burning, and you'll see your entire future”. I wanted to conceptualize that important scene with the candle burning in my image. As for the sunglasses and records, those are key elements throughout the movie as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

indigo

 "One of the first tattooists in the U.K. to experiment with new colors was a famous artist called George Burchett. The story is that B...