Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Wrapped Human Body



I started off with a completely different theme for this project originally, but as I began to experiment with different locations, those locations influenced me. After exploring Markland House on the Flagler College Campus, I wanted to wrap my body with something that looked like it belonged in the house, I wanted my figure to look a part of the vintage interior. I used a yellow floral sheet that matched the yellow floral curtains in the building, and went to take my pictures at sunset, the result was a similar yellow light shining through. The light made the curtains appear even yellower and as though the curtains were glowing. Because I was inspired by a location rather than a theme, I had to think of what my wrapped body represented after the fact. After much compilation, I decided that surrealism encapsulated my final image and portrayed the hidden element of the wrapped human body.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

indigo

 "One of the first tattooists in the U.K. to experiment with new colors was a famous artist called George Burchett. The story is that B...